- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- New Year's Resources
- Easter Resources
- Graduation Day
- Mother's Day
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts Books & Bibles
Read A Sample
The Process of the New Wine
- On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!” This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
- —John 2:1-11 NKJV
In this story I believe we have a prophetic word for 5779/2019. There is a release of glory, power, and new wine coming into the earth. The Lord is taking the tasteless, insipid, and odorless realms of our life and transforming them into life more abundantly. He is also taking that which the church has been offering to the world and changing it into that which is life-changing and culture shaping.
There are several things that were involved in this first miracle of Jesus. First, this miracle happened at a wedding. A wedding speaks of a place of covenant. Covenant is necessary for houses to be built. Houses are what the Lord uses to rule the earth. Among other places, in Isaiah 2:2 we see the importance of houses.
- Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it (NKJV).
The mountain of the Lord’s house is established and ruling over all other mountains. This speaks of a governmental people who are allowing and disallowing things in the earth on a very high level. This is the Church/ecclesia. The problem is that these kinds of houses cannot be formed and functioning without covenant. People’s lives coming together in covenant relationships that are unbreakable allow this level of authority to operate. In 5779/2019 there will be a new level of covenant that allows these kinds of houses to be built and operating. As a result of this, a governmental release of God’s judicial order and justice will be seen in the nations.
Jesus’ turning the water to wine also prophetically speaks to us that it is His heart for the party to continue. In the natural scheme of things, there was nothing earth-shaking hanging in the balance. A wedding festival might have ended prematurely without more wine. Perhaps you may have lost the zest for life. Maybe you no longer relish the beauty of living and loving life the way you once did. When Jesus turned the water to wine, He was voting for the party to continue. Jesus intends to bring the joy and zest of life back to His people and cause them to rejoice. Proverbs 15:15 tells us that when we have the joy of the Lord, we are in a continual party:
- All the days of the afflicted are evil, but he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast (NKJV).
There is coming in 5779/2019 a new dimension of joy and excitement in the Lord. Depression will wane, anxiety will diminish, and those afflicted by oppression will be freed. Jesus will turn the water into wine. There will be a societal outpouring of the Spirit of the Lord that not only will rival but will exceed the Charismatic Renewal and Jesus People Movement of the ’60s and ’70s. Whereas there has been only the water of religion and the seeker-sensitive movement, there will now be the power and glory of Jesus, the manifested Christ. The Spirit and Bride say come to the Bridegroom (see Rev. 22:17). There is a passion arising in the spirit realm causing a cry to come forth for the manifestation of His glory. The best wine of the Spirit of the Lord has now been saved for the last. In the mercy of the Lord, God will visit His people and inheritance again and the cultures of the earth will shake with His presence.
Another thing that is prophetically relevant in this story is Jesus at first refused to do anything about the shortage of wine. When, however, the servants showed a willingness to obey whatever He said, Jesus’ attitude toward the situation changed. He went from clearly not feeling any level of responsibility in the matter to moving in faith to see water become wine. We must know that willingness and obedience move the heart of God. If we want the Lord to move and manifest His glory, it is a willingness and obedience in us that will draw this out of the Lord. We must repent anywhere we have exhibited a stubborn and self-willed heart and allow ourselves to be brought to brokenness and surrender. When we do, the glory and power of the Lord will be seen. I prophesy a new level of brokenness and repentance in the Church from the fear of the Lord. I declare that there will be humble broken people filled with the boldness of the Lord in 5779/2019.
The other thing I see for 5779/2019 is an increase of the hidden ones’ function that gives birth to this which is being prophesied. It was the servants who knew how the miracle happened. All the rest only got the benefit of it. The servants, however, through their obedience caused it. There is a new passion arising in the hidden ones who, through their obedience in prayer, will see the water turned to wine.
The Master of the feast commented on the best wine being saved for last. However, it says the servants knew where it had come from. They knew the price of obedience they had paid to fill six containers that would hold 20 to 30 gallons apiece. They had the sweat on their brow, the blisters on their hands, the ache in their backs, and the exhaustion of their obedience testifying to the price of this miracle. Those who think the suddenlies of God happen without human effort or obedience are sadly mistaken. The suddenlies are not suddenlies to those who have caused them. They have a history of obedience with God in prayer, intercession, weeping, and travail that has moved things in the spirit world to allow everyone else to marvel at what has occurred.
God is coming in 5779/2019 to greatly empower the servants behind the scenes. He is placing much honor on the hidden ones who are producing what is necessary for the water to be made wine. Those who have been held in low or no esteem will have the honor of the Lord thrust upon them in this hour.
I also hear the Lord saying that He is coming to refresh the weary and the fatigued. The weak shall say I am strong. I hear Zechariah 12:8:
- In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them (NKJV).
God is coming with His defense for those who have been afflicted and attacked. Those who are feeble will become as David, the mighty warrior of God. Those who are as David will become like God, even like the Angel of the Lord who goes before us. I say to the weak, in 5779/2019 arise and step into your strength. For you will do exploits in the Name of the Lord! Your days and times of weakness and ridicule are over. It is an hour to arise and shine, for your light has come.
About Robert Henderson
Robert Henderson is a global apostolic leader who operates in revelation and impartation. His teaching empowers the Body of Christ to see the hidden truths of Scripture clearly and apply them for breakthrough results. Driven by a mandate to disciple nations through writing and speaking, Robert travels extensively around the globe, teaching on the apostolic, the Kingdom of God, the “Seven Mountains,” and most notably, the Courts of Heaven. He has been married to Mary for 40 years. They have six children and five grandchildren. Together they are enjoying life in beautiful Midlothian, TX.
2019: The Year of the Decree
I decree and declare.” These are four words we hear prayer warriors cry out in the heat of the battle—but often without an experiential revelation of the power of a decree.
In 2019, God will demonstrate the power of a decree with rapid breakthrough following. He is pouring out revelation on Job 22:28 to believers who can believe Christ’s delegated authority positions us as more than priests who petition—but kings who decree and see an immediate response in the natural realm. I heard the Lord say:
- “Far too many of My people are begging Me to do what I’ve already promised I would do. Far too many are making supplication, bargaining with Me to do My revealed will, petitioning and crying out from a place of hope instead of faith. But I am calling My body to rise up and decree what I have already said, to prophesy what I’ve already said, to declare what I’ve already said, and to see My will and My Kingdom established in the earth. There is a time for every purpose under heaven. There’s a time to pray the prayer of faith. There’s a time to war with a prophetic word. There’s a time to make supplication. There’s a time to release the prayer of consecration. But in this season I am demonstrating the power of a decree released by the leading of My Spirit through a heart of faith. Decree a thing and it shall be established.”
Job 22:28 assures us, “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways” (KJV). Different translations shed interesting light on this verse. For example, the New International Version tells us, “What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways.” The Contemporary English Version puts it this way: “He will do whatever you ask, and life will be bright.”
The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition expounds on this truth a little more: “You shall also decide and decree a thing, and it shall be established for you; and the light [of God’s favor] shall shine upon your ways.” And The Message assures, “You’ll decide what you want and it will happen; your life will be bathed in light.”
What Is a Decree?
We can decree the Word of God or the revealed will of God through prophecy. There is power in the Word of God. Heaven and earth will pass away, but His Word will never pass away (see Matt. 24:35). His Word is life to all those who find it and healing to the flesh (see Prov. 4:22). His Word will add length to your life and give you peace (see Prov. 3:2). The grass withers and the flowers fade away, but the Word of God will stand forever (see Isa. 40:8). His Word is spirit and life (see John 6:63). His Word is truth (see John 17:17). His Word is pure, like silver tried in a furnace, purified seven times (see Ps. 12:6).
Hebrews 4:11-16 explains:
- Let us labor therefore to enter that rest, lest anyone fall by the same pattern of unbelief. For the word of God is alive, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intents of the heart. There is no creature that is not revealed in His sight, for all things are bare and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who was in every sense tempted like we are, yet without sin. Let us then come with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need (MEV).
A decree is more than a positive confession. A decree is an order usually having the force of law, according to Webster’s dictionary. God expects us to follow His decrees (see Lev. 18:4). The enemy is also bound to obey a prophetic declaration in the name of Jesus, the name at which every knee must bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord (see Rom. 14:11).
You Are a Priest and a King
Believers have a duality of standing in the role of both kings and priests. Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords (see Rev. 17:14). Who are these kings who report to the King? We are. Revelation 1:6 says He has made us “kings and priests to His God and Father” (MEV). Let me share with you a few scriptures that bring this point home.
- For if by one man’s trespass death reigned through him, then how much more will those who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17 MEV).
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may declare the goodness of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 MEV).
Priests don’t have power in government. Kings do. Governmental intercessors don’t pray with a priestly anointing alone; they pray with a kingly anointing. Still, most intercessors stand in the role of priest. We need to understand when to make the shift between the priestly mantle and the kingly mantle—when to operate in the anointing of the priest and the anointing of a king.
Kings have a domain in which they exercise authority (see 2 Cor. 10:3). Kings have power and influence. Kings are warriors who defend a nation against its enemies. Kings govern and uphold laws. Kings oversee administrations. Kings establish order and maintain peace, when possible. Kings judge and decree. Throughout the Bible we see kings issuing decrees:
- We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth and are rebuilding the temple that was built these many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and completed. Afterwards, our fathers provoked the God of heaven to wrath, so He gave them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, the Chaldean, who destroyed this temple and carried the people away into Babylon. However, in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon, King Cyrus made a decree to rebuild this house of God (Ezra 5:11-13 MEV).
We see what happened next in Ezra 6: “Then Darius the king issued a decree and a search was made in the house of records, where the treasures were stored in Babylon” (Ezra 6:1 MEV). King Cyrus’ decree was found and Darius enforced it.
Decrees Cannot Be Undone
In the book of Esther, King Ahasuerus made a decree that his wife, Vashti, could never enter into his presence again (see Esther 1:19). She never did. Haman later persuaded Ahasuerus to issue an evil decree to wipe out the Jews (see Esther 3:8). Ahasuerus could not undo his original decree, but Esther convinced him to issue a second decree that gave the Jews a right to defend themselves against enemy attack (see Esther 8:11).
In Daniel 3, we learn that King Nebuchadnezzar issued a decree “that every man who hears the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of music should fall down and worship the golden image. And whoever does not fall down and worship should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace” (Daniel 3:10-11 MEV). That decree could not be undone, and it landed Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in a fiery furnace, but God delivered them from the evil decree.
Later, King Darius’ officials unknowingly convinced him to make a decree against Daniel:
- “All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the officials, the counselors, and the captains have consulted together to establish a royal statute and to make a firm decree, that whoever shall ask a petition of any god or man for thirty days, save of you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions. Now, O king, establish the decree and sign the writing, that it not be changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which may not be altered.” Therefore King Darius signed the writing, even the decree (Daniel 6:7-9 MEV).
Daniel refused to compromise. Darius didn’t want to throw him in the lion’s den but he could not negate the decree. When he saw the power of God in Daniel’s situation, Darius made another decree:
- Then King Darius wrote: To all peoples, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth. “Peace be multiplied unto you. I make a decree that in every dominion of my kingdom men are to fear and tremble before the God of Daniel. For He is the living God, enduring forever; His kingdom shall never be destroyed, and His dominion shall be forever. He delivers and rescues, and He works signs and wonders in heaven and on earth, who has delivered Daniel from the power of the lions” (Daniel 6:25-27).
Again, Job 22:28 assures us, “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways” (KJV). Gazar is the Hebrew word for decree. It means, “to cut, divide, cut down, cut off, cut in two, snatch.” When we decree, we are cutting off the enemy’s plan and establishing God’s will. God Himself declares:
- For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there but water the earth and make it bring forth and bud that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it (Isaiah 55:10-11 MEV).
My prayer is that you will learn to discern in any situation when it’s time to pray as a priest and when it’s time to pray as a king. In this year, God is demonstrating the power of a decree because a decree can be the tipping point to a bowl filled with intercession.
About Jennifer LeClaire
Jennifer is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. Jennifer formerly served as the first-ever female editor of Charisma magazine and is a prolific author of over 25 books. You can find Jennifer online or shoot her an email at email@example.com.
Search Chapters:Browse More Chapters